Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chasing Shadows

I have just been struck about how much I chase shadows.

I don't mean this literally. But in the fact that I am constantly chasing the good things that God places around me. This could be a Job, or friends or countless other things.

I remember somebody once telling me that in our relationship with God, he is our only light source, and that the things he gives us, be it relationships, jobs, talents etc. are the shadows produced when his light hits us. If we chase after these shadows then we are fruitlessly walking with our backs turned from the Light source, and in the end the shadows become less and less defined.

The only way to attain the things we want is to turn our backs on them. To fix our gaze to the light source, and only when we are running towards this do the 'shadows' become more defined.

No comments: