Thursday, June 7, 2012

Me and me mum and me dad and me gran with a bucket of vindaloo

Living in the states you get used to the general craziness that comes with regular life. Everything is a little more manic, faster... etc. than life in England

I say this with one exception. The time comes every two years in the month of June, where we find England (hopefully) competing in a international football (soccer, for my american readers) Tournament.

This year is the turn of Euro 2012. And a good percentage of England will go temporarily insane. Making claims that this is the year where we banish the memories of countless disappointments, which is followed by the depression after the inevitable penalty shootout failure.

One thing the underlines the insanity is the official Song which accompanies the madness. We have had some classics such 'Three Lions' but then we have had some which point towards the whole of England being put in straightjackets, such as Fat Les' 'Vindaloo' ... watch it below and you'll understand.

I have been and always will be one of these people who join the insanity... Come on England!


No comments: