Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Percentages

My pastor said something in his sermon on Sunday that I don't think I'll ever forget.

He said that life is 10% of what happens and 90% of how we react to these events.

I'm going to be honest...

I'm kinda going through a situation in which I'm struggling and I can see how much of an impact my reaction to this effects everything... Not just me but those around me.

The situation is out of my hands but how I react isn't. I can choose to indulge in my struggle, and admittedly this feels good for a while but in the end it leads nowhere.

Alternatively I can choose to not let the situation effect my life. I know it's there but it's not ruling my life... Instead letting God rule it.

We need to trust God because he is the only consistent element in any of our lives.

Everything else in comparison is meaningless

No comments: